Slovakian mountains Slovakian mountains Slovakian mountains


Online camera Online cameras near the place: CAMERA1, CAMERA2, CAMERA3
Weather forecast Klatovy Weather forecast Klatovy

Royal town founded 1260-63 on the trade route from Bohemia to Bavaria. In the 16th century one of seven richest towns in the country. Parts of the Early Gothic fortifications have survived. Baroque Jesuit Church of the Immaculate Conception and St Ignatius (kostel Neposkvrněného početí Panny Marie a sv. Ignáce) of 1655-75, built by the famous architects D. Orsi and C. Lugaro. In the underground are mummies of members of the Jesuit Order and of noblemen from the surroundings. Rennaisance town hall with the Black Tower (81 m high), offering fine views into the landscape. Rennaisance bell-tower known as White Tower. Burgher´s houses, often with Gothic core. House At the White Unicorn on the market-place, which is on the UNESCO World Heritage List, houses a baroque Jesuit apotheracy of 1639. In 1813 seeds of French carnationa were brought from Nany to Klatovy, starting an interesting tradition of flower cultivation.

Infocentre Pergolia - Nám. Míru 63/1, 339 01 Klatovy, tel.: +420-376 347 240, fax: +420-376 347 390, e-mail:


  Accommodation Strunkov
  Accommodation Petrovice u Sušice
  Accommodation Sušice